If your skin over reacts to external agents such as cold, wind, sun or stress, reddening and itching. If after the bath, your skin feels dry and tight, your have a sensitive skin and it requires special care to keep it healthy and smooth.
- It can be natural, from birth, when the skin is thin, dry, it reddens easily and can suffer pathologies such as dermatitis that should be treated with the help of a dermatologist.
- The sensibility can also be reactive, when the skin reacts reddening in the cold, the sun, the wind, an aesthetic treatment such as peeling, or inadequate hygiene care.
- It may be occasional, when it reacts at specific moments such as hormonal changes, stress, fatigue, poor diet.
Skin care of Sensitive Skin.
In the morning.
- Wash your skin with plenty of fresh water and use gel free of soaps and alcohol. In case your skin is extremely sensitive, use plant-based cleansing lotions that prevent irritation and do not require subsequent rinsing. When you dry your face, do it with great care, without rubbing
- It is recommended the use of moisturizers of natural origin with few ingredients in their composition. Glycerin, rose oil, coconut oil, shea and jojoba are very effective. They regulate the water balance, refresh, soothes and nourishes the skin. Once you find an effective product, maintain its use, avoiding the frequent change of moisturizers and products in general, this can bring as a consequence the aggravation of your skin.
- The sun is extremely damaging to this type of skin, it is mandatory to use effective sunscreens with a high SPF, specifically for sensitive skin. Depending on the climate conditions where you live, you must choose between a moisturizing cream with sunscreen or the use of an independent sunscreen on the moisturizing treatment. In addition to these measures, consider incorporating clothing that protects you from the sun.
- Make-up is a delicate subject in this type of skin. The most advisable is to make up as little as possible or choose specific bases for your type of complexion. No mineral oils, lanolin, fragrances or parabens. In fact, the more natural or ecological you buy it, the better. Same fixes apply with the correctors. Choose them whenever they are, hypoallergenic and of high tolerance. Also, not very thick and easy to apply, since the idea is to minimize contact with the skin. Therefore, it is more appropriate to opt for fluid formulas that compact, in order to avoid skin irritation and redness.
During the day
- Keep your body hydrated by drinking enough fluids, this will help your skin stay hydrated, helping to replenish water loss through transpiration and replenish essential fatty acids.
- Healthy eating is one of the key factors for the skin. Do not forget to take fresh foods such as fruits and vegetables. Vitamins A (carrot, spinach or mango) and C (kiwi, tomato or green peppers) are best suited to protect sensitive skin.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol and do not let harmful external agents act against your skin.
- You should not expose yourself to chemicals, detergents or other industrial household cleaners. In your skin, these can cause allergic or contact dermatitis, even if they are inhaled in small amounts.
- If you work in the office, place your desk away from the windows, the solar rays can accelerate the photo aging process of your skin, due to the weak layer of melanin present in your photo-type.
- Remove all makeup from your face with cleansing milk or micellar water.
- Clean your face with the cleansing gel that you used in the morning and if necessary, gently splash your face with fresh water. remember to always dry your face with a wipe giving small touches to the face and never scrubbing.
- Then hydrate your skin. Choose the moisturizers specially indicated for sensitive skin that are formulated with moisturizers with soothing properties such as shea butter, aloe vera or glycerin; those that carry mineralized waters, elements that stimulate the defenses of the skin or repairing assets such as avocado or omegas 3 and 6.
- Sleep the whole night, your body and your skin will be thanks for it. I’m not saying do not go out with your friends or your relationship a couple of nights. but believe me, your skin type feels bad to stay up late.
Once every two weeks (preferably at night).
- Before treat your skin you must remove all of makeup from your face. Apply a gentle milk based makeup remover , then a cleanser so that your face is clean and moist. All these must be specific for sensitive skin.
- Use gommage-type masks with a slight exfoliating effect, leave it on your face for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then moisturize your face with a cream based on natural oil, such as shea or argan. None of these should contain alcohol, sulfates, fragrances or other possible allergen.
Useful tips for people with Sensitive Skin.
- Sensitive skin can react to a new product, regardless of whether it has been designed for sensitive skin. I suggest that before beginning its use, try your tolerance by applying a small amount of the inside of the wrist or behind the ear and leave for 48 hours.
- Avoid stressful situations, stress is an important trigger of the episodes in this skin bio type. When we are tense, the skin becomes dehydrated and becomes more susceptible to damage. Cortisol produce can cause hives in sensitive skin.
- Exfoliation is an effective way to cleanse the skin, remove dead cells and clean the pores, allowing the growth of a new layer of skin. Having said that, we do not recommend exfoliation in people with sensitive skin.
- In case of any symptoms such as redness, itching, rash or skin discoloration. If it is the case, stop the use of cosmetics immediately and go to the dermatologist.