A dry skin (xerosis cutis) requires special care to maintain its smoothness and freshness, preventing it from scaling.
Skin care of dry skin.
In the morning.
- When you get up, the first thing you should do is wash your face with slightly fresh water, splashing your face. Avoid cold water because it shrinks pores and hot water because it causes flaccidness, facilitating the appearance of wrinkles.
- Use a specific cleanser for dry skin, apply it, gently massaging the surface of your face in circles for a minute. And then rinse your face with plenty water.
- Then use a tonic and a moisturizer in this order. This is necessary to tighten and moisturize the skin of your face. You only need a thin layer of moisturizer and you should apply it massaging in circular movements. Leave on for 5 to 10 minutes.
- If you are about to leave home, you should apply a sunscreen. Depending on the solar intensity of your city we recommend specific creams that contain sunscreen, these must have an SPF of not less than 30. If you plan to go to the beach we recommend the use of sunscreens with an SPF greater than 50.
- If you apply base on your skin, it is best to apply a thin layer after applying the cream for the day. Remember that the best makeup is, which in addition to perform its primary function, moisturizes the skin and does not clog the pores, allowing perspiration.
During the day
- Keep your body hydrated at all times, always have a bottle of water at hand, your whole body will thank you.
- Moisten the lips with a lip balm whenever you need it.
- Before lunch, refresh your face and clean sweat and impurities accumulated in the morning, applying a soft tissue or handkerchief moistened with fresh water, then apply a new thin layer of moisturizer and sunscreen on your skin.
- Improve your eating habits, nourishing your body and your skin, incorporating fruits and vegetables to your diet. Eliminates or decreases the consumption of alcohol and cigarettes.
- Keep your skin hydrated at all times, applying moisturizers, paying special attention to the face, hands, elbows and knees.
- Rinse your face with water splashing your face and not rubbing it.
- Remove all makeup from the face, using a specific make-up remover for dry skin.
- With a cleanser remove any remaining makeup that is on your face, believe me, there are always remains of makeup.
- Then use a night cream, applying a good layer, paying special attention to dry areas. I suggest you use a nutritious cream of natural origin that facilitates the absorption, hydrating and nourishing your skin at night.
- I recommend you to sleep at least 8 hours, it is the time necessary for your body to rest and recover. This is the period in which our metabolism descends, and our cells begin the process of repair of tissues, including the epidermis, with the production of collagen and elastin, substances necessary to maintain the tension and smoothness of the skin.
Once a week (preferably at night).
- Before exfoliating your skin you must remove all vestige of makeup. Apply a makeup remover , then a cleanser so that your face is clean and moist. All these must be specific for dry or sensitive skin. Remember that if we use a product directed to another skin, this can leave our skin vulnerable.
- Place a small amount natural, organic exfoliating product specific for dry skin on the finger. Gently massage the skin circularly, once you have covered the entire skin wait a few minutes before rinsing your face with plenty of warm water. This will allow the exfoliating penetrate deep, facilitating the regeneration of a new layer of skin.
- To achieve a rejuvenating effect with prolonged effect we must make use of the facial masks, in the case of dry skin I recommend the use of moisturizing masks, since they calm the tightness of the skin thanks to components such as honey, shea butter or of wheat germ or extract of calendula or chamomile. Wait 15 to 30 minutes before removing it.
- Then apply a good layer of night cream of your choice. I always suggest those that contain natural components, these are harmless and facilitate the hydration of the skin.
Useful tips for people with Dry Skin.
- Moisten the skin with hemolytics and humectants free of allergens and alcohol.
- In case of itching, avoid scratching. Due to the thin layer of tegument, scratching can cause deep injuries.
- Avoid prolonged baths with hot water and exposure to cold, both reduce the moisture of the skin, drying it even more.
- Avoid the use of hard soaps and detergents. They can cause skin irritation, due to the weak sebaceous layer present on dry skin.
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning chambers. Ultraviolet rays may cause severe damage and dehydration.
- Increases the total intake of liquids, the consumption of vegetables rich in vitamin A and D.